Monday 10 April 2017

It's Been A Long Time


Hello and welcome back to Mean Mother Cooker!


It feels like it's been a long time since I've shared any scrumptious recipes with you guys - and I'm so sorry!

We've been through some big changes in the last few years. We've had to deal with the loss of many family members - which made us decide to move back to my hometown of Sheffield after spending eight years in Nottingham.

We sold our beautiful house very quickly and I do miss my kitchen.


old-meanmothercooker-kitchen





We moved to a rental property and I now have this kitchen:


You can see why I might be finding the adjustment a little tough! How I miss my beautiful kitchen...

But this isn't forever and we love being back in Sheffield.

The kids are loving their new school and have fitted in brilliantly. It's also great being close to extended family.

And I've only gone and set up a business with Mr Mean. It's all change!

Working pretty much full time has changed the way we eat. I don't have a dishwasher either in this rental house, so most free time is spent chained to the kitchen sink!

My problem is the same as ever - I won't buy convenience food, so I have to be super organised to get the kids properly fed with fresh and tasty food. Getting them to eat it is another matter!

We spent the start of the year trying to become Lean In 15 with Joe Wicks - The Body Coach. You can find most of my office lunch creations on Instagram. Here's a few of them:

salmon-and-miso-noodles


three-humous-salad


smoked-salmon-and-eggs-salad

So, let's get reacquainted and share more tasty recipes!

Holly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...