Friday 18 January 2013

I'm In Love With My New Ikea Kitchen!

Finally, I've got my new kitchen - and I love it! I designed it and fitted it with Mr Mean. The kitchen is from Ikea. I fell in love with the warmth of the wood and its rough sawn texture. I bought the tap, composite sink and oven from Ebay to save some cash.

The Rangemaster Classic is second hand. I have replaced a few of the nobs and buttons, as well as the fascia panel (all the information had rubbed off) and a few handles. It's like new now and I love it. We really needed a bigger oven and Christmas dinner was a breeze to make. I also use both ovens quite often and bake two loaves of bread at the same time!

I adore my tall larder units. It's still a bit of a novelty not having to dig at the back of a cupboard to find a rogue tin of tuna. Everything is at hand and organised - I love it!


I'm a person who likes a big kitchen, so when we bought our new house, it was very important to create a large kitchen/dining/living area. I have a lot of kitchen stuff, in fact, that was the main volume of boxes we had in storage! And even though all the cupboards have items in them, they're not full to the brim! I just need a lovely Kitchenaid to complete the look!

We've only got one problem now - we never use any other room!









2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post - really encouraging because we currently have a stripped out kitchen ready for the installation of our ikea kitchen - so it is great to see a finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think there's a lot of snobbery about Ikea kitchens, but I think they work really well. And once you've put one unit together - it's easy! You can do it! And look forward to the end result! Good luck! I love the Scandinavian look and Ikea do it so well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...